Bruce Kahn, MD
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology)
- Urogynecology and Pelvic Surgery
Bruce Kahn, MD, is a gynecologist (OB-GYN) with subspecialty certification in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery (urogynecology). As a urogynecologist, he is qualified to treat the full spectrum of concerns related to the female pelvic organs and provides treatment for pelvic pain, interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome), urinary incontinence, frequency and urgency (overactive bladder), and pelvic organ prolapse (vaginal prolapse). In addition to practicing urogynecology, he treats a comprehensive range of general and complex gynecologic problems including uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, menstrual disorders, menopausal symptoms, contraception, infertility and more.
Dr. Kahn seeks to find non-surgical solutions for his patients. However, when surgery is necessary, he strives to ensure that patients receive a minimally invasive procedure whenever possible. He was one of the first surgeons in San Diego to perform laparoscopic hysterectomy and is an experienced vaginal surgeon. As a member of the Scripps Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery Program, he performs a wide range of gynecologic robot-assisted surgeries including the removal of adnexal masses, myomectomies (fibroid tumor surgery) and hysterectomies. He is one of the first surgeons in the region to offer single-site hysterectomy to his patients.
In addition to his clinical practice, he conducts research on new procedures and treatments to reduce pelvic pain and improve gynecologic care. His current work includes research projects on treatments for pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence and endometriosis. He is also contributing to a project, in conjunction with the Scripps Translational Science Institute (STSI), which will use smart phone technology to reduce the incidence of cervical cancer in developing nations.
Dr. Kahn is committed to improving and promoting medical education. He is director of the Scripps Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery and chairman of graduate medical education at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla.
He has received many awards and accolades from his peers throughout his career, including being named as a “Top Obstetrician/Gynecologist in San Diego”, a “Leading Physician of the World” and one of the “Best Doctors in America.”
When he is not caring for patients, he enjoys bicycling throughout San Diego County. He also enjoys skiing and loves the slopes at Mammoth Mountain.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Focused Practice, 2021
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Urogynecology, 2013
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1999
- Georgetown University Medical Center, MD, 1990
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1993
- Presence St Joseph Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1991
- Abington Memorial Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1996
- George Washington University Hospital, Radiation Oncology, 1992
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.