Gregory Loren, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Loren received a Bachelor of Science degree with highest honors from the University of California Irvine and a Doctor of Medicine degree with honors in surgery from the UCLA School of Medicine. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery and fellowship in orthopaedic research at the University of California San Diego. He completed specialty training in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute. During his undergraduate years, he competed at the NCAA Division I level in Swimming and Water Polo and was honored as Pacific Coast Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete.
Dr. Loren has published and presented numerous scientific articles on arthroscopic and orthopaedic procedures and athletic injuries. He is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCSD and Staff Surgeon at the Scripps Memorial Hospitals, La Jolla and Encinitas. He currently serves as the orthopaedic consultant to California State University San Marcos and Carlsbad High School. Dr. Loren has served as the medical director of the Ambulatory Surgery Center at Scripps Memorial Encinitas Hospital.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 2000
- University of California, Los Angeles, MD, 1991
- University of California, San Diego, General Surgery, 1992
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1997
- Southern California Ortho Institute, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 1998
- University of California, San Diego, Clinical Research, 1993
CORE Orthopaedic Medical Center