- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Paul Murphy is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopic procedures. He treats a variety of sports injuries, both surgically and non-surgically, focusing on shoulder and knee issues and non-operative tendonitis treatments.
Dr. Murphy was an orthopedic surgeon in the United States Navy and served in Operation Desert Storm. He has also been team physician for the San Diego Chargers, the University of San Diego, Cathedral Catholic High School and Saint Augustine High School.
During the fall, Dr. Murphy runs a free clinic for high school athletes who have been injured during football games. He has practiced in San Diego since 1988. Outside the office, Dr. Murphy enjoys spending time with family, surfing and golfing. He welcomes new patients.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 1987
- New York Medical College, MD, 1979
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, General Surgery, 1980
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1985
- University of Texas at Houston, Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle, 1985
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.