- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spine Surgery
Dr. Mark Nelson is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spine care. He can help patients recover from spinal stenosis, herniated discs, sciatica and other conditions. Most patients can choose from a spectrum of treatment options – starting with conservative measures, such as medications and physical therapy, to mid-level interventions, including epidural steroid injections, to surgical options. For many patients, a stepwise approach is the best strategy, starting with basic measures and progressing to more advanced interventions if the problem persists. Dr. Nelson believes the best treatment is the simplest, safest option that relieves pain and restores function.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 2005
- University of Utah School of Medicine, MD, 1995
- George Washington University Hospital, General Surgery, 1996
- George Washington University Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
- Hospital for Special Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine, 2002
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.