- Sleep Medicine
J. Steven Poceta, MD, is a neurologist and sleep medicine specialist who focuses on neurologic sleep disorders such as restless leg syndrome, sleep walking and narcolepsy. He also diagnoses and treats general neurologic conditions such as insomnia and headache.
Dr. Poceta is an advocate of deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and a member of the Scripps Clinic Movement Disorder Center, where he sees a select panel of patients with Parkinson’s disease.
In addition to his practice, he participates in clinical trials for restless leg syndrome and narcolepsy. He also conducts his own research in these areas.
Dr. Poceta believes that his training and extensive experience allow him to objectively assess a patient’s problem and communicate a solution that is direct, open and honest.
When he is not caring for patients, he enjoys spending time with his family, automobiles, gardening and good food. He also enjoys traveling to Vancouver, British Columbia.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology, 1989
- American Board of Sleep Medicine, Sleep Medicine, 1988
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, MD, 1983
- University of Washington Medical Center, Neurology, 1987
- Scripps Clinic, Sleep Medicine, 1988
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.