- Obstetrics and Gynecology
John Willems, MD, provides treatment for a wide range of gynecological (OB-GYN) issues including menopausal concerns, hormonal issues, menstrual irregularities, fibroids, polyps and ovarian cysts. His specific area of interest and clinical research is in vulvar disease with a special emphasis on vulvar pain (vulvodynia) and painful intercourse (dyspareunia).
Dr. Willems believes in providing the kind of care he would want for his own family or himself. This involves not only staying abreast of the most current medical literature and research breakthroughs, but also incorporating that information into a kind, skillful and compassionate approach to his patients.
Throughout his career, Dr. Willems has been honored by San Diego Magazine as one of San Diego’s Best Doctors and was named as one of America’s Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists by the Consumer Research Counsel of America.
In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his grandchildren and stays active with regular gym attendance. With a lifelong love of music, he has played drums since the age of 12. He still plays and feels fortunate to have paid his way through medical school as a drummer playing gigs in and around New York City.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1980
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1977
- New York Medical College, MD, 1973
- University of Manitoba, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1976
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1977
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.