- Vascular Neurology
Gilda Tafreshi, MD, is a neurologist specializing in stroke care. She promotes stroke awareness in the community and collaborates with stroke advocates across the country to ensure that all stroke patients and their families obtain the care they need.
In addition to her clinical practice, she actively participates in innovative stroke research, working toward the latest advances in stroke care. Her current research focuses on interventions immediately following acute stroke, including hypothermia and blood pressure regulation. She regularly shares the most up-to-date, evidence-based practices in stroke with patients, families and fellow clinicians.
Dr. Tafreshi warmly encourages open dialogue when discussing healthcare needs and believes that quality care can be achieved through honest communication with patients and their families.
She currently serves as the medical director for the stroke program at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and Chula Vista. Through her leadership, this program provides superior care to thousands of patients suffering from acute stroke symptoms.
Dr. Tafreshi has been with Scripps since 2008.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Vascular Neurology, 2011
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology, 2008
- Ross University School of Medicine, MD, 2004
- State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Medicine, 2005
- State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Neurology, 2008
- University of California, San Diego, Vascular Neurology, 2010
- Scripps Clinic