A San Diego native, Dr. Michelle Crosby enjoys the challenge of comprehensive ophthalmology, working to educate her patients about their conditions and listen to their needs. She is well-practiced in cataract and refractive surgery, glaucoma surgery, diabetic eye disease management and treatment, uveitis and minor ophthalmic plastic surgery.
During her clinical training, Dr. Crosby researched ocular inflammation and developed a passion for treating patients with vision-threatening conditions and restoring and enhancing their sight. Dr. Crosby has received many awards, including the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
Her commitment to medicine extends to research. Dr. Crosby is extensively published and has presented at national and international meetings on inflammation, eye disease and uveal melanoma. She continues to consult with nascent companies and research groups on new treatments for corneal disease and uveal melanoma. She also volunteers monthly at Father Joe’s Village Clinic in downtown San Diego.
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, 2010
- Medical University of South Carolina, MD, PhD, 2005
- Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 2006
- Emory University Hospital, Ophthalmology, 2009
- University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Ophthalmology, 2010