James Mc Clurg, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
James R. McClurg, MD, specializes in orthopedics and has served the San Diego community in his orthopedic practice since 1992. He treats simple to highly complex shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee and ankle/foot conditions. Dr. McClurg uses a wide range of treatment options, from non-surgical to minimally invasive surgeries in the management of nerve compression, treatment of pain, trauma, deformities and degenerative processes. He is widely known for his arthroscopic experience, successful outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Dr. McClurg has outstanding interpersonal skills and listens to his patients, as he knows this is the key to understanding the impact of an orthopedic condition on people’s lives. He believes taking the time to listen to patients and performing a thorough physical examination allows for more accurate diagnosis and optimal planning. Patient education and effective communication on treatment options empowers people to make better treatment decisions that fit their situation — leading to superior outcomes.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, 2018
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, 2010
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 1994
- University of Puerto Rico, MD, 1986
- University Hospital, General Surgery, 1987
- University Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1991
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand, 1992
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.