Steven Chen, MD
- General Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
Dr. Steven Chen is a surgical oncologist, focusing on diseases of the breast, thyroid and parathyroid, as well as melanoma. He offers the full gamut of surgery, including lumpectomy, mastectomy, sentinel node biopsies and oncoplastic surgery. Dr. Chen uses minimal incision methods for thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Prior to moving to San Diego, Dr. Chen was the chief of breast surgery and chair of the melanoma tumor board at UC Davis. He then joined City of Hope as the director of research and associate program director of the Surgical Oncology Training Program. He has published more than 50 peer-reviewed articles.
Dr. Chen welcomes new patients and looks forward to caring for you.
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery (General Surgery), 2006
- University of Michigan School of Medicine, MD, 1998
- University of Michigan Hospitals, General Surgery, 2005
- John Wayne Cancer Institute, Surgical Oncology, 2007
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Critical Care Medicine, 2003
- University of Michigan School of Public Health, MBA, 2003
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.