David Cork, MD, is a cardiologist with a focus on invasive, non-interventional and general cardiology. His primary clinical interests include preventive cardiology, the management of lipid disorders and hypertension, as well as the management of patients with valvular disease and/or coronary artery disease. Dr. Cork routinely performs procedures including pacemaker implantation, loop recorder implantation, coronary angiography, right heart catheterization and transesophageal echocardiograms.
Dr. Cork has published numerous peer-reviewed articles related to heart failure, cardiac rhythm disorders and the management of complex structural heart disease.
Above all, Dr. Cork greatly values the physician-patient relationship and strives to provide evidence-based, comprehensive and empathic care.
Dr. Cork is a board member of the California Chapter of the American College of Cardiology (CA ACC) and is a member of the San Diego County Medical Society and the National Lipid Association.
In his time away from work, Dr. Cork and his wife enjoy raising their two daughters. He also enjoys the outdoor recreation that San Diego offers, including running and participating in triathlons.
- American Board of Clinical Lipidology, Clinical Lipidology, 2019
- National Board of Echocardiography, Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography, 2017
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, 2016
- Alliance for Physician Certification and Advancement, Nuclear Cardiology, 2016
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2013
- Jefferson Medical College, MD, 2010
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2013
- University of California, San Diego, Cardiovascular Disease, 2016
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.