- Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine
- Dermatological Surgery
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Spanish, Aramaic, English
Alvin Coda, MD, is a comprehensive dermatologist providing the full scope of medical and surgical dermatology. His areas of interest include acne, skin cancer, academic/medical dermatology and inflammatory skin diseases, such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis.
In addition to his clinical practice, he has a strong background in the translational research of inflammatory skin diseases and the skin microbiome. Further, he has a focus on improving dermatology education for medical students and residents.
Dr. Coda’s philosophy of care stems from his family values. He believes in treating his patients as if they were his own family members, by giving them time, commitment and compassion, in addition to treating their medical issues with a team mentality and involving them in the decision making process. He also believes in an evidence-based approach to care, but provides individualized approaches for unique or complex cases.
When he is not caring for patients, he enjoys spending quality time with his wife, friends and family. He also enjoys taking a good road trip, travelling abroad, loves barbecuing and experiencing unique cuisines.
- American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology, 2015
- Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, MD, 2010
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Internship-Medicine, 2011
- University of California, San Diego, Dermatology, 2015
- University of California, San Diego, Dermatology, 2012
- Scripps Clinic