- Trial ID:
- Munveer S Bhangoo, MD
treatment of muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Pembrolizumab is used as an immune-enhancing medication, that may block immune pathways for tumor growth.
Inclusion CriteriaPatients must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of Muscle – invasive Bladder Cancer (MIBC), Clinical Stage T2-T4aN0M0
- Be eligible to receive cisplatin chemotherapy.
- Be eligible for surgical treatment and agree to planned surgical treatment
Exclusion CriteriaPatients must not:
- Have received any prior systemic anti-cancer treatment for MIBC
- Be pregnant or breastfeeding or expecting to conceive or father children within the defined study duration
- Have a known history of HIV, Hepatitis B, or active Hepatitis C
- All patients will receive chemotherapy (cisplatin + gemcitabine) and surgery, and will be randomly selected
- to receive either pembrolizumab or placebo.
- All treatments and physician visits during this study will take place at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines. Study
- treatment will occur for approximately 1 year and patients will be followed for up to 5 years after treatment has ended.
- For more information, search for NCT03924856 at www.clinicaltrials.gov
- Clinical Research Services