- Visiting Hours
11 am - 8 pm (COVID)
Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
- Emergency Services
The emergency and trauma center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Coffee cart
- Spiritual care
- Pet therapy
- Valet parking (may be unavailable due to COVID)
- Paid parking (cash and credit)
Prebys Cardiovascular Institute offers some of the most advanced heart care and surgery available, including:
- Advanced cardiac imaging and other diagnostic tests
- Electrophysiology services
- Interventional cardiology procedures
- Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
- Heart failure care, including LVAD placement
Learn more about Scripps heart care services.
We’re also home to the Barbey Family Emergency and Trauma Center. Located on the ground floor of the Prebys Cardiovascular Institute, this Level II trauma center provides 24-hour emergency care.
Prebys Cardiovascular Institute is located on a busy medical campus. Below you’ll find tips to make your visit as seamless as possible.
Prebys Cardiovascular Institute is located on the campus of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. The campus entrance is on Genesee Avenue, between I-5 and Campus Point Drive. Once you enter the main driveway, you’ll see the seven-story Prebys Cardiovascular Institute on your right. Download and print our campus map. (PDF, 1.6 MB)
Paid parking is available in several locations throughout the campus:
- Underground Parking Structure A, located beneath Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla (9888 building)
- Parking Structures B, located next to Ximed Medical Center (9850 building)
- Parking Structure D, connected by bridge to Anderson Medical Pavilion (9898 building)
- Limited, open-air parking for emergency room patients and visitors in front of the Barbey Family Emergency and Trauma Center
Scripps charges for parking after 30 minutes. We also offer valet parking for an additional fee (may be unavailable due to COVID). Our rates are as follows:
- First 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to 3 hours: $4
- Each additional hour after 3 hours: $1
- Maximum per day: $10
- Valet parking: Additional $5 (may be unavailable due to COVID) - Valet service is located in the circular drive in front of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Parking for disabled visitors and clergy is free. Visitors with disabilities can receive validation from a valet attendant, or at the information desk after valet hours. Clergy can receive validation from the administrative office.
Parking fees must be paid using our self-pay kiosks. You can use any payment type (cash, debit card or credit card). Self-pay kiosks are conveniently located throughout the campus:
- Outside Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla (9888 building), near the fountain
- Inside Parking Structure B, in the elevator lobby
- Inside Parking Structure D
If you prefer to pay with cash, an ATM is located on the lower level of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla (near the elevators).
General hospital visiting times are 11 am – 8 pm (modified hours due to COVID), but may be adjusted based on the patient’s needs or wishes. Learn more about our hospital visitation policy, including guidelines for children and service animals.
If you’re from out-of-town or traveling from another country, we're here to help plan your visit and support you during your stay.