During the COVID-19 pandemic, patients are utilizing patient portals with increased frequency to safely and securely communicate with their doctors or care team to receive non-urgent care from the comfort of their own home.
At Scripps, you will find the MyScripps patient portal helpful, convenient and easy to set up and use. Scripps is also using the MyScripps portal to notify patients when they can schedule their COVID-19 vaccinations.
“MyScripps makes it possible for you to manage your care, and your family’s care, on your time,” says David Wetherhold, MD, an internal medicine physician at Scripps Clinic Anderson Medical Pavilion in La Jolla. “You can schedule appointments, renew prescriptions or message your provider from the comfort of your home, during a break at work or after the kids go to bed.”
- Go to MyScripps.org/MyChart.
- Click on the New User “Sign up now” button.
- If you don’t have an activation code, click on “Sign up online” button.
You will need to provide information for “Self Sign Up,” including:
- Date of birth
- Last four numbers of Social Security
- Home phone
Select “Submit.” Once you sign up, you will receive instructions to activate your new MyScripps account.
To activate your MyScripps account, you will need to create the following:
Select “Next.” You will be directed to enter you email notification preferences.
Select “Yes” to enable email notifications.
- Enter your email.
- Select “Sign in.”
- Accept terms and conditions for use of MyScripps patient portal.
- Welcome to MyScripps.
With MyScripps, you can access online care and do the following:
- Schedule appointments (including for COVID-19 vaccines as they become available)
- Video visits with health care provider
- E-Visit, online health questionnaire
- Symptom checker to check your condition and determine course of action
- Message your providers
- Request a prescription refill
- View test and lab results
- Receive text alerts for appointments
- View your medical history and visit summaries
- Check in for appointments in advance
- Pay your bill
Downloading the MyScripps app into your iPhone or Android device is simple and easy.
- Search “MyScripps” in your device’s app store.
- Select MyScripps from the list and download.
- Once downloaded, set up your login
(If you already have the previous “MyChart” app, you do not need to install the new MyScripps app. The MyChart app allows you the same access to MyScripps with the same functionality as the new app.)
Scripps Health is part of the Apple Health app platform. That means Scripps patients with a MyScripps account can view their most important medical records, right alongside their other health data, on their iPhone and other iOS devices.
You can also upload health and fitness data from the Apple Health app when enrolled in self-tracking programs.