John-Michael Li, MD, is a neurologist who has clinical interest in treating neurological conditions including ALS, muscular dystrophy, neuropathy and general muscle diseases.
Dr. Li works with patients who require treatment for nerve pain, as well as patients who need immunomodulating therapies for the management of underlying immune-mediated muscle and nerve disorders. He also performs electromyography (EMG) to evaluate the nerve activity within a patient’s muscles and diagnose muscle and/or nerve dysfunction. He is co-director of the EMG lab at Scripps Clinic.
Establishing a good working relationship with his patients is a priority for Dr. Li. He believes that good communication between patients, physicians and staff will result in the best care.
In his spare time Dr. Li enjoys spending time with his family and exploring San Diego. He is an avid reader.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neuromuscular Medicine, 2011
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology, 2009
- Rush Medical College, MD, 2005
- University of Chicago Hospitals & Clinics, Internal Medicine, 2006
- Rush University Medical Center, Neurology, 2009
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, Neuromuscular, 2011
- Rush University Medical Center, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2010
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.