- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Internal Medicine
Rebecca Matro, MD, is a gastroenterologist who specializes in inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. She has a special interest in the care of women with IBD, especially related to pregnancy and fertility outcomes. Dr. Matro has a multidisciplinary approach to inflammatory bowel disease care and works closely with colorectal surgeons, dieticians, radiologists and other specialists to provide state-of-the-art care to patients with IBD. She provides compassionate care with an emphasis on shared decision making.
Her clinical interests also include microscopic colitis, celiac disease, colon cancer screening and colonoscopy quality. Her research interests include the investigation of new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease and outcomes of IBD and pregnancy.
Dr. Matro is an active member of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation and American Gastroenterological Association, as well as the American College of Gastroenterology and American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Outside of work, Dr. Matro enjoys trying new restaurants, reading, traveling, running, biking and swimming, which she often combines in triathlon.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, 2014
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2011
- Jefferson Medical College, MD, 2008
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Internal Medicine, 2011
- University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, 2015
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Gastroenterology, 2014
- Scripps Clinic