Ramsey Al-Hakim, MD
- Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
Ramsey Al-Hakim, MD, is a vascular and interventional radiologist who has a clinical interest in treating a variety of vascular and oncologic conditions using minimally invasive, image-guided techniques. Dr. Al-Hakim has a special interest in treating patients with venous thromboembolic pathology including acute and chronic deep venous thrombosis (DVT).
Dr. Al-Hakim’s previous research work included advancing the current understanding of venous thromboembolic disease and venous biomechanics through his basic science, translational, and clinical research, with a majority of his >25 publications focused on the field of venous thromboembolic disease.
As an interventional radiologist, Dr. Al-Hakim performs a wide range of minimally invasive procedures including the treatment of venous thromboembolic disease (DVT & pulmonary embolism), post-thrombotic syndrome, peripheral artery disease, critical limb ischemia, abdominal aortic aneurysm, aortic dissection, mesenteric vascular disease, chronic liver disease, liver cancer, renal cancer and portal hypertension.
Dr. Al-Hakim believes a strong patient-physician relationship is essential to the success of any treatment plan. He works to develop trust and understanding through patience and open communication with each of his patients.
Dr. Al-Hakim is a member of the Society of Interventional Radiology, the American Venous Forum and the Western Angiographic & Interventional Society. He has been awarded multiple research grants, including the Society of Interventional Radiology Pilot Research Grant to study the biomechanics of venous interventions.
- American Board of Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology, 2018
- University of California, Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, MD, 2011
- Tulane University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2012
- University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, Diagnostic Radiology, 2016
- University Of South Florida @ Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 2017
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.