Kalpit Shah, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand
Kalpit Shah, MD, is a fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity orthopedic surgeon who practices at the Scripps Clinic. Dr. Shah specializes in treating conditions affecting the upper extremity including hand, wrist, elbow, as well as microvascular surgery. His expertise include treating upper extremity fractures or trauma, nerve conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon injuries, wrist and finger arthritis, Dupuytren’s contractures, athletic wrist injuries and ligament tears.
Compassionate and knowledgeable, Dr. Shah makes it a priority to treat all of his patients as he would his family or close friends.
Dr. Shah is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), where he was chosen to be in the Emerging Leaders Forum. He is also a member of the American Society for the Surgery of Hand (ASSH). He has received numerous awards and grants for his research endeavors, which he continues actively in his practice. His research focus lies in understanding the biomechanics of the wrist and distal radius fractures, ulnar impaction syndrome and preventing osteoporosis.
A San Diego native, Dr. Shah enjoys spending his time with his family, especially at the beach.
- University of California at Irvine School of Medicine, 2014
- Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2019
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand, 2021
- Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma, 2020
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.