- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
John M. Hilinski, M.D. brings the latest advances in facial plastic surgery techniques to patients of his private practice in San Diego.
A graduate of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Hilinski completed an internship in general surgery, followed by a five-year residency in head and neck surgery at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Medical Center. He was then chosen for a prestigious American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship in Chicago, Ill., where he trained in facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery under internationally renowned surgeon Dean M. Toriumi, M.D.
Dr. Hilinski is a member of numerous medical societies, including the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the San Diego County Medical Society. He has published numerous journal articles and book chapters on facial plastic surgery, including several chapters for Internet-based Emedicine.com. He has been invited to lecture at several national surgical conferences. In addition to being a full-time surgeon, he holds an appointment as clinical instructor in surgery at the UCSD School of Medicine, where he helps educate medical students and residents in facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Hilinski’s practice includes a wide variety of facial plastic and reconstructive procedures, including:
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Browlift (including endoscopic techniques)
- Chemical peels
- Chin implants/liposuction
- Complex nasal reconstruction
- Facelift and mini facelifts
- Facial reconstruction (following trauma or cancer/MOHS surgery)
- Otoplasty (ear-pinning)
- Revision rhinoplasty
- Scar revision/dermabrasion
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2005
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Otolaryngology, 2002
- Harvard Medical School, MD, 1995
- University of California, San Diego, Internship, General Surgery, 1996
- University of California, San Diego, Residency, Otolaryngology, 2001
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Fellowship, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2002