Daniel Keefe, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Daniel Keefe, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon with expertise in sports medicine. In practice since 2004, Dr. Keefe has clinical interests in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee, shoulder instability, rotator cuff repair and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. It is his goal to provide his patients with state-of-the-art techniques and facilities to help them recover quickly and effectively.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Keefe conducts research in traumatic sports injuries and serves as an instructor for the San Diego Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Foundation.
Dr. Keefe has experience providing care to amateur and recreational athletes, as well as multiple professional and college sports teams. He is currently a team physician for the PGA event at Torrey Pines, The Farmers Insurance Open. Previously, he provided medical services for Major League Baseball’s Chicago Cubs and Houston Astros; the National Football League’s Houston Texans; the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks; The University of Houston; and Texas Southern University.
In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his wife, also a physician, and their two children. He stays fit by exercising and participating in sports with his kids.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, 2012
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 2006
- Georgetown University Medical Center, MD, 1998
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, General Surgery, 1999
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003
- Baylor College of Medicine, Sports Medicine, 2004
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.