Andrew King, MD
Andrew King, MD, specializes in the treatment of acute and chronic kidney disease and hypertension. His practice includes care for a wide range of kidney disease — from mild to advanced.
Dr. King’s primary goals are to slow the progression of kidney disease and prevent the need for dialysis. When necessary, he also treats advanced kidney disease with all forms of dialysis — including home dialysis.
With an emphasis on patient education and individualized care, Dr. King prescribes proactive treatments that are in the best interest of the patient’s health and quality of life. As part of a large, multidisciplinary team, he is able to collaborate with physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitians and transplant specialists to ensure that all treatment options are considered.
He is the head of the division of nephrology and a clinical professor of medicine at University of California, San Diego School of Medicine.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Nephrology, 1988
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1986
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, MD, 1983
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Residency, Internal Medicine, 1984
- Northwestern University Medical Center, Residency, Internal Medicine, 1986
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Fellowship, Nephrology, 1990
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.