- Phone Number
- Spanish, English
Dr. Mafong received his medical degree from the University of California San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine and his undergraduate degree in biology magna cum laude from the University of California Los Angeles. He completed an internship in internal medicine at UCSD Medical Center and a residency in dermatology at the University School of Medicine in New York, where he served as chief resident. Dr. Mafong also completed a fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery and laser surgery at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York. Dr. Mafong is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery and the American Academy of Dermatology. He has published numerous abstracts and articles and presented lectures on topics related to dermatology. Dr. Mafong is fluent in Spanish and his hobbies include soccer, tennis, skiing, and photography.
- American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology, 2001
- University of California, San Diego, MD, 1997
- University of California, San Diego, Internal Medicine, 1998
- New York University Medical Center, Dermatology, 2001
- Laser & Skin Surgery Center, Dermatological Surgery, 2002