Ritvik Mehta, MD
- Otology and Neurotology
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery
Dr. Ritvik Mehta specializes in otolaryngology/neurotology and skull base surgery. While still in school, Dr. Mehta developed an interest in treating patients with facial paralysis. Recognizing the profound impact this condition has on patients, Dr. Mehta pursued advanced training in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and facial nerve disorders.
Dr. Mehta is a compassionate and caring physician who has a deep interest in providing the best possible care for his patients. He has co-authored numerous publications and received the American Neurotology Society Trainee Award for his middle-ear research. In addition to his practice, Dr. Mehta volunteers with Medical Missions for Children and Fresh Start Surgical Gifts, providing medical and surgical care for families who cannot afford it.
Dr. Mehta’s clinical interests include:
- Hearing and balance disorders
- Implantable hearing devices / Cochlear Implants
- Lateral skull base surgery (acoustic neuroma and other CPA tumors)
- Gamma knife radiosurgery
- Facial paralysis / facial reanimation surgery
- Microtia and atresia reconstruction
- Surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Neurology, 2010
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Plastic Surgery, 2009
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Otolaryngology, 2007
- University of California, San Diego, MD, 2001
- Massachusetts General Hospital, General Surgery, 2002
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Otolaryngology, 2006
- University of California, San Diego, Neurotology, 2009
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2007
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.