- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Dr. Gregory Sahagian specializes in diagnosing and treating neuromuscular disorders such as myasthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), neuropathy, myopathy and carpal tunnel syndrome. He is an expert in performing electromyography/nerve conduction (EMG) studies and performing skin biopsies to help diagnose disorders such as small fiber neuropathy.
His neuro-diagnostic team also performs test such as electroencephalogram (EEG), somatosensory evoked potentials (SSEPs) and videonystagmography (VNG), all in the comfort of an office setting.
Dr. Sahagian works with a team of neurologists who specialize in diagnosing and treating neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, seizure disorders, dementia, head injury and spinal disorders, multiple sclerosis, tremors, dizziness, movement disorders, sleep apnea, insomnia, migraine headaches and torticollis.
He has participated as an investigator for numerous clinical research studies. He believes in offering the community a setting for scientifically valid clinical research in an environment that promotes the highest standards of medical inquiry. He is committed to an ethical environment that fosters clear communication and reflects a respect for patients, clients and staff.
Dr. Sahagian integrates his deep clinical expertise with the personal touch he gives each patient. He understands that just as every patient is an individual, their treatment plans should be as well. It is this type of treatment that has earned him the San Diego Top Doctor award, Best Doctor award and The Patients’ Choice Award.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neuromuscular Medicine, 2012
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 2002
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology, 2001
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, MD, 1995
- Winthrop University Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1996
- University of California, San Diego, Neurology, 1999
- University of California, San Diego, Neuromuscular, 2000
- Scripps Physicians Medical Group