Mark Schechter, MD
- Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
A native of Illinois and raised in Southern California, Dr. Mark Schechter is a board certified diagnostic radiologist who has subspecialty Certified Added Qualifications (CAQ) in angiography and interventional radiology. He obtained an undergraduate degree from the University of Redlands and a medical degree from Hershey Medical Center of Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine. Dr. Schechter received his diagnostic radiology residency and interventional radiology fellowship training at UCLA where he was also chief resident.
Dr. Schechter joined Radiology Medical Group in 1984 and became the first fellowship-trained interventional radiologist on the medical staff at Scripps Mercy Hospital. Over the past 15 years, Dr. Schechter has helped to build one of San Diego’s finest interventional radiologic practices with expertise available in angiography, peripheral and carotid angioplasty/stent placement, embolization therapy, venous access (portacath, Groshong), dialysis access, gastrotomy tube placement, needle biopsy, male infertility (varicocoele) and female infertility (fallopian tuboplasty).
Dr. Schechter is currently the President of Radiology Medical Group, Inc. and also sits on several advisory committees within Scripps Health, which deal with deployment of medical imaging technology and advanced peripheral and carotid vascular interventional procedures. Dr. Schechter enjoys teaching and lecturing, and has conducted over 30 invited lectures, courses and workshops on various topics in diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology.
- American Board of Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology, 2017
- Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, MD, 1979
- VA Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1980
- University of California, Los Angeles, Diagnostic Radiology, 1983
- University of California, Los Angeles, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, 1984
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.