- Gynecologic Oncology
- Robotic Surgery
Dr. Afshin Bahador is a fellowship-trained obstetrician and gynecologist (OB-GYN) with subspecialty training in gynecologic oncology. Dr. Bahador believes in personalizing care for each patient. He understands that the conditions and procedures being discussed are complex and often frightening and takes time to answer questions and explain treatment options.
Dr. Bahador treats gynecologic cancers such as ovarian, uterine, cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancers. He also specializes in surgical management of benign gynecologic conditions such as benign tumors, endometriosis, and pelvic prolapse.
A member of the Scripps Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery Program, Dr. Bahador performs robot-assisted surgeries for a wide range of gynecologic conditions including uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Bahador is a clinical instructor at the Balboa Naval Medical Center and the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine.
For several years, Dr. Bahador has been chosen by his peers as one of San Diego’s Top Doctors.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, 2006
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2004
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, MD, 1996
- University of Southern California Medical Center Los Angeles County, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2000
- Los Angeles County University of Southern California Medical Center, Gynecologic Oncology, 2003
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.