- Diagnostic Radiology
Douglas Bates, MD, is a diagnostic radiologist with fellowship training in neuroradiology. His clinical interests include oncologic imaging, genomics and developing new imaging techniques.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Bates is developing imaging technology to give patients control over how to share their images such as MRI scans, CT scans and x-rays. As the founder of a teleradiology provider, he is keenly aware that advancing imaging technology will continue to improve medical care. He currently holds two patents for medical devices.
Dr. Bates believes in treating patients as if they were family and strives to make recommendations based on the best interest of the patient.
He enjoys starting up websites and has developed several successful sites, including one that he manages with his son. Dr. Bates is also interested in literature and e-published the 1863 detective novel, “The Notting Hill Mystery.” In his spare time, he enjoys motorcycle touring.
- American Board of Radiology, Neuroradiology, 1996
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine, MD, 1984
- University Hospital of Cleveland, Internship-Medicine, 1985
- University Hospital of Cleveland, Diagnostic Radiology, 1989
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Neuroradiology, 1991
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.