Dr. Thomas Alexander is a neurotologist and skull base surgeon with expertise in the treatment of tumors of the skull base and complex problems related to the ear.
Dr. Alexander specializes in the treatment of skull base tumors such as acoustic neuromas, glomus tumors, meningiomas, and other cranial nerve schwannomas as part of a multidisciplinary team involving neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists. He has expertise in surgery for restoration of hearing, including cochlear implants, stapedectomy, ossicular reconstruction, Baha implants and implantable hearing aids.
Dr. Alexander’s additional education includes advanced training in clinical research and received a Master of Health Sciences degree through a joint program with the Duke Clinical Research Institute and the National Institutes of Health.
- American Board of Otolaryngology, Neurotology, 2012
- American Board of Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology, 2011
- Duke University School of Medicine, MD, 2003
- University of California, San Diego, General Surgery, 2004
- University of California, San Diego, Otolaryngology, 2009
- University of California, San Diego, Neurotology, 2011
- Scripps Clinic