John Bestoso, MD
As a nephrologist, John Bestoso, MD, is experienced in the diagnosis and management of a broad range of kidney diseases. His clinical interests include blood pressure management, chronic kidney disease, resistant hypertension, kidney stones, glomerulonephritis, kidney transplantation and dialysis.
He believes there is no substitute for listening to what the patient has to say. With a patient-focused practice, he strives to provide treatment options that are in the patient’s best interest.
Dr. Bestoso completed a distinguished career as a Navy physician and was head of the nephrology division and vice-chairman of the internal medicine department at the Naval Medical Center, San Diego. He also served as nephrology specialty advisor for the Navy surgeon general. In addition, he has been very active in medical education, previously serving as the program director of the internal medicine residency at the Naval Medical Center and clinical professor of medicine at the University of California, San Diego.
In his spare time he enjoys studying British and naval history, sailing and running.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Nephrology, 1994
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1991
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, MD, 1985
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Internal Medicine, 1986
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, Internal Medicine, 1990
- University of California, San Diego, Nephrology, 1993
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.