Harish Hosalkar, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery
As an orthopedic surgeon, Harish Hosalkar, MD, treats all age-groups including children. He has expertise in pediatric, adolescent and adult hip and pelvic disorders; correcting lower extremity problems including deformity correction and fracture care. His specialty is hip-preservation and hip-reconstructive surgery for the entire spectrum of patients from birth to geriatric.
Dr. Hosalkar focuses his practice on treating a variety of orthopedic conditions. He performs children’s orthopedic surgery; fracture care including delayed, mal-and non-unions; deformity correction; limb length discrepancy correction; and joint and cartilage preserving surgery. He also treats special conditions like bone tumors, multiple hereditary exostoses (MHE), osteogenesis imperfect, orthopedic problems in traumatic brain injury, and orthopedic problems in cerebral palsy.
Throughout his career, Dr. Hosalkar has been featured in several peer reviewed publications and he has book chapters to his credit. He has also received multiple awards for his work.
Dr. Hosalkar believes in treating every patient like his own child, sibling or parent. He strives in meeting every patient’s individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment designed to help them achieve an active, pain-free and functional lifestyle. He combines leading-edge joint and cartilage-preserving techniques with traditional methods to provide his patients with the best care possible.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 2012
- Seth GS Medical College, MD, 1995
- University of Pennsylvania Health System, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2009
- King Edward Memorial Hospital, 1998
- Insel-Spital University of Bern, 2008
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003
- Great Ormond Street Hospital, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, 2002
- Children's Hospital Central California, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, 2001
- Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, 1999
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.