Evan Muse, MD, PhD
- Cardiovascular Disease
Evan Muse, MD, is a cardiologist with expertise in preventive cardiology and non-invasive, general cardiology.
In addition to his clinical practice, he conducts research exploring the crosstalk of lipid and inflammatory networks in macrophage, with the goal of identifying new therapies for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerotic heart disease (atherosclerosis). He also conducts clinical trials in the genomics of cardiovascular diseases, including atrial fibrillation and heart attack.
Dr. Muse is an assistant professor at the Scripps Translational Science Institute (STSI) in La Jolla, California, and recently completed his masters in clinical and translational investigation at the Scripps Research Institute as a KL2 Scholar. As part of STSI’s digital medicine program, he has been working on clinical trials to better understand how advances in mobile and digital technology will transform medical care.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, 2014
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2013
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, MD, 2008
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2010
- Scripps Clinic, Cardiovascular Disease, 2015
Scripps Clinic, John R. Anderson V Medical Pavilion