- Phone Number
- Scripps Clinic Mission Valley
- Internal Medicine
- French, Spanish, Romanian, English
As a rheumatologist, Monica Sandu, MD, treats patients for a variety of rheumatic diseases and conditions. She has special clinical interests in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and osteoporosis. In addition, she is trained in musculoskeletal ultrasound, which can assist in providing additional information to improve the accuracy of the diagnosis and treatment plan.
Dr. Sandu believes in educating her patients about their disease and treatment options. Working as a team, she provides information and support to assist patients in making decisions about their care.
Outside of the office, she enjoys hiking, traveling, listening to music and strives to improve her level in table tennis.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, 2012
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2010
- Universitatea De Medicina Si Farmacie Carol Davila, MD, 2002
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Internal Medicine, 2010
- University Clinical Emergency Hospital of Cardiovascular Diseases, Cardiovascular Disease, 2007
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, Rheumatology, 2012
- Scripps Clinic