Scripps Health and Kaiser Permanente Heart Care Partnership
Kaiser Permanente and Prebys Cardiovascular Institute
Through this partnership, Kaiser Permanente patients in San Diego County receive their cardiac care at Prebys Cardiovascular Institute — a world-class heart care center that serves as the premier heart care destination on the West Coast. Prebys Cardiovascular Institute features include:
- 108 inpatient beds in private rooms with abundant natural light and sweeping views
- Patient rooms designed to create a serene environment to increase well-being and boost the healing process
- 59 intensive care unit beds designed for optimum patient monitoring
- Four state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Two hybrid operating rooms
- Three cardiac catheterization labs with the most advanced medical technology
- Enhanced infection control incorporated throughout the hospital
- Centralized cardiac research program
Get answers to frequently asked questions about cardiac care at Scripps for Kaiser Permanente patients, from copay information to medical records and more.
What does this mean for me as a patient?
Advanced cardiac care for Kaiser Permanente patients in San Diego is provided at the Prebys Cardiovascular Institute, located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. Catheter-based procedures such as angiograms, stents and pacemakers are performed by Kaiser Permanente cardiologists and electrophysiologists who work onsite at Scripps.
If you need cardiac surgery, your procedure will be performed by a Scripps surgeon. While at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, you will be cared for by a cardiac care team of specially trained nurses and staff.
Will I have additional costs for my care at Scripps?
You will probably have a copay similar to your copay for care at a Kaiser Permanente facility, but all other costs are covered by your Kaiser Permanente insurance plan.
Are my medical records safe?
Yes. Patient privacy is a priority, and we have safeguards in place to protect your health information. Anything shared with Scripps related to patient care is sent through a secure electronic connection and remains confidential.
How did Kaiser choose to partner with Scripps?
Not all hospitals can be a Kaiser Permanente partner. To qualify, each hospital has been carefully evaluated — and is regularly reassessed — for the quality of care, comfort and services it provides. Kaiser Permanente has partnered with Scripps for more than 30 years based on its independent third-party safety and quality rankings, and top-rated, award-winning care.
Kaiser Permanente heart patient resources
Scripps Health and Kaiser Permanente have developed a number of helpful resources designed to educate patients about key aspects of heart care and preparing for an upcoming procedure.
- Preparing for your cath lab procedure (PDF, 5.1 MB)
- Preparing for your heart surgery (PDF, 4 MB)
- Understanding arrhythmias and your EP procedure (PDF, 6.5 MB)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (Spanish) (PDF, 2.6 MB)