Scripps Hospitals serve women and children in San Diego by providing supplemental food and nutrition education for eligible low-income families through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program. WIC provides an array of nutritional services including:
- Healthy food including milk, eggs, fruits, vegetables, proteins and whole grains
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding support
- Personalized nutrition counseling
- Access to prenatal and pediatric health services
WIC services are provided at no cost to qualifying pregnant or breastfeeding women, and children under 5 years old.
WIC is a free, supplemental nutrition program that is designed to help pregnant women, infants and children in families with limited incomes get the best start in life. WIC provides access to healthy food, health and nutrition education, referrals to other resources and breastfeeding support. The WIC program serves:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women with a baby less than 1 year old
- Women who had a baby within the last 6 months
- Infants and children under 5 years old
WIC serves a variety of families. Whether you are a married or a single parent, a grandparent, a foster parent, or a legal guardian, you may qualify for WIC services. Migrant workers are encouraged to apply.
You may be eligible for the WIC program if:
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding, have or are caring for an infant or child under 5 years of age
- You live in California
- Your diet can be improved through WIC services
- Your family’s household income falls within established limits.
Income limits are dependent upon family size (a pregnant woman counts as two people) and are subject to change. Many working families and military families are eligible.
Call 619-260-3400 to make an appointment to visit any of our WIC locations.
Scripps Wellness Center
4440 Wightman Street, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92105
Linda Vista Family Care Center
6973 Linda Vista Road, Building C
San Diego, CA 92111
251 Palomar Street, Suite C
Chula Vista, CA 91911
2345 East 8th Street
National City, CA 91950