From weekend warriors to elite athletes, Scripps Health offers expert sports therapy in San Diego to people who participate in athletic activities of all levels.
From chronic orthopedic injuries to post-surgical rehabilitation, our team has the expertise needed to help you overcome short-term performance interruptions or serious injuries that can threaten your career or active lifestyle so you can return to the field, track, court, road or gym.
Find a convenient Scripps location near you that offers sports therapy treatments.
Scripps sports and orthopedic physical therapists have expertise in the following:
- Overuse injuries and injury or re-injury prevention
- Acute injuries including fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Post-surgical rehabilitation following total joint replacement, ACL reconstruction and MCL repair, capsule-labral (SLAP) and rotator cuff repair, UCL reconstruction (Tommy John surgery) and ulnar nerve transpositions
- Joint and muscle pain
With intensive training and a focus on long term player functionality, our sports therapists use the latest treatment techniques. From hands-on manual therapy to exercise programs tailored for individual needs, they offer a variety of specialized services to clients who want to get back into the game following an illness, injury or surgery. Their goal is to restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities.
Some of our therapies include:
- Return to sport progression
- Strengthening and conditioning
- Performance enhancement
- Manual therapy
- Customized home exercise programs
- Custom foot orthotics
- Video analysis to assess biomechanical dysfunction with running or cycling using the Dartfish Program (available only at Scripps Green Sports and Physical Therapy location in University Town Center [UTC]).
Scripps also offers advanced rehabilitation by sports therapists who are trained as sports certified specialists (SCS) at our outpatient facility. This team works closely with the sports medicine specialists at Scripps Clinic. Together, they help care for some of San Diego’s most elite athletes.
Sports therapy services are offered at the following Scripps Health locations in San Diego County: