The UCSD/Scripps Health Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program prepares physicians to care for people who have serious or life-threatening illnesses. Graduates are well versed in caring for patients in both the hospice and palliative medicine settings, as well as all levels and locations of care.
- Diverse patient populations and teaching sites
- Strong camaraderie between fellows and faculty
- Prepares trainees in a variety of roles, including leadership
- One-year program designed for physicians to become sub-specialists in hospice and palliative medicine (HPM)
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Expert faculty
- University and community hospital cultures, inpatient and outpatient palliative care and a robust home hospice experience