The goal of the Scripps Family Medicine Program is to train family physicians to provide comprehensive family-centered medical care with a focus on underserved communities.
Based at Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista and Chula Vista Medical Plaza, the family medicine residency program has close ties to local community health programs.
- Small program with close-knit faculty and residents
- A curriculum that focuses on border health issues and community medicine
- High American Board of Family Medicine Practice board pass rates
- Rotations in women’s health, geriatrics, pediatrics, sports medicine and behavioral health
- Medically underserved communities along the California and Baja California border region
- Adolescents at local high school clinics
- Full spectrum family medicine at our PCMH-modeled continuity clinic
- First year resident positions: 8
- Physician faculty: 5 full-time (3 part-time)
- Average hours per week of lectures/conferences: 7
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Recognized for high performance by U.S. News & World Report
- Listed on Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work