- Ronny Schwartz Center for Voice, Swallowing and Motility Disorders
- 9888 Genesee Ave.
- La Jolla , CA 92037 Directions
- Clinic Hours
- Mon. through Fri., 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Paid parking is available in several parking structures located on the Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla campus.
Located on the campus of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, the Ronny Schwartz Center for Voice, Swallowing and Motility Disorders offers highly specialized therapy for children and adults who have trouble speaking or swallowing.
While Scripps offers some traditional voice therapy and swallowing therapy services at several locations in San Diego, our most advanced diagnostic equipment is located at the Ronny Schwartz Center for Voice, Swallowing and Motility Disorders. Patients are referred to the Ronny Schwartz Center from all over the country because the combination of our diagnostic tools and our breadth of experience cannot easily be replicated.
Our team of certified therapists work collaboratively to diagnose your medical condition, create a customized treatment plan and help restore your quality of life. Our wide range of services for children and adults includes:
- Speech- language therapy to address a number of issues that can affect the vocal cords, including age-related changes, medical conditions and trauma
- Special one-on-one therapy for people who use their voices professionally
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for people with Parkinson’s Disease
- Therapy for people who have trouble swallowing due to neurological conditions, birth defects, or brain injury
- Infant feeding evaluations and IBCLC-certified lactation services
- Specialized therapy and support services for people who have been diagnosed with head or neck cancer
- Evaluation of motility disorders that can cause long term acid reflux, heartburn and chronic cough
- Advanced diagnostic tools including high-definition videostroboscopy and high-resolution esophageal manometry
Please note that you’ll need a referral from your doctor prior to receiving care at the Ronny Schwartz Center.
- First 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to 3 hours: $4 (each additional hour: $1)
- Maximum per day: $10
- Valet: Additional $5
- Free parking for disabled visitors, expectant mothers and clergy
- Disabled visitors can receive validation from a valet attendant
- Expectant mothers can receive validation from the department they visit
- Clergy can receive validation from the administrative office