When it comes to matters of the heart, the doctors you choose can be the most important health decision you’ll ever make.
That’s why it’s good to know that cardiologists at Scripps Clinic provide evidence-based care that puts you first. Developed on a history of innovation and heart care “firsts” for the San Diego region, the Scripps Clinic team-based cardiovascular program is consistently rated as among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Scripps Clinic general cardiologists are on the front lines of prevention and early diagnosis of heart and vascular conditions that can pose a threat to your health and well-being. And Scripps Clinic is the only health care provider in San Diego with a focus on specialized heart care for women.
Scripps Clinic is where cardiovascular discoveries are made and the latest procedures happen first. Among them:
- First on the West Coast to implant coronary stents
- First in San Diego to utilize catheter ablation to cure arrhythmias
- First in San Diego to use approved cryoablation (cold) technology to cure atrial fibrillation
- First in the US to implant a dual-chamber defibrillator
- First noninvasive peripheral vascular lab in the US
- First in the US to use minimally invasive tools to remove plaque from coronary arteries
- First in Southern California to surgically correct Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, a condition that causes extremely rapid heart rates
- First in Southern California to perform open heart surgery to cure arrhythmias
- First in California to utilize Carrot EP lab integrated monitor system