- Radiation Oncology
Tahir Ijaz, MD, has practiced radiation oncology for more than 20 years. His basic philosophy of care emphasizes a multi-disciplinary approach and good communication with other medical specialists. Because cancer care can be very complicated, he believes patients benefit from a holistic approach and often integrates nutritional experts and other specialists into his care plan.
Dr. Ijaz’s specific areas of interest and expertise include cancers of the head and neck, prostate, lung, skin, breast and gastrointestinal system. He is trained in the use of CyberKnife stereotactic body radiotherapy, radioactive seed implants for prostate, intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) and brachytherapy.
Outside of work, he volunteers with organizations including Humanity First, which organizes medical missions across the world to serve the needy. His most recent mission was in Guatemala to aid in cervical cancer screening.
- American Board of Radiology, Radiation Oncology, 1997
- University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine, MD, 1991
- University of Manitoba, Internal Medicine, 1992
- University of Manitoba, Radiation Oncology, 1996
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Radiation Oncology, 1997
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.