- Robotic Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Urologic Oncology
Carol Salem, MD, is a urologist who specializes in surgically treating prostate cancer and other urologic malignancies. She is medical director of the Scripps Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery Program and is a member of Hillcrest Urological Medical Group.
Before joining Scripps, Dr. Salem was director of Urologic Oncology at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Cancer Center. She has consistently been recognized as one of San Diego’s Top Doctors by the San Diego County Medical Society and San Diego Magazine.
Dr. Salem received her bachelor’s degree in biochemistry and cell biology from the University of California, San Diego and her medical degree from the University of Southern California (USC). She completed a surgical internship and residencies in surgery and urology at USC, as well as a fellowship in urologic oncology at the USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Dr. Salem’s patient care philosophy is very simple: the patient comes first. She maintains communication with the referring physician during the treatment process and refers the patient back to the physician following treatment.
- American Board of Urology, Urology, 2002
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, MD, 1991
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, General Surgery, 1993
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, Urology, 1997
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, Urologic Oncology, 2000