Laura Alberton, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Laura Alberton, MD, is a sports orthopedic surgeon with expertise in sports-related injuries of the knee and shoulder. Her clinical interests include minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery. In the knee, this includes anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, other ligament injuries, meniscus injuries and tendon tears. In the shoulder, this includes labral tears and rotator cuff tears and impingement.
In addition to her clinical practice, Dr. Alberton conducts research on ACL outcomes and post-operative pain. She is a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. She is also an instructor for the San Diego Sports and Arthroscopy Fellowship.
Dr. Alberton is dedicated to encouraging young women and girls to pursue a career in sports orthopedic surgery. Outside of the office, she enjoys skiing and spending time with her family.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, 2009
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 2002
- Mayo Foundation Medical School, MD, 1994
- Mayo Clinic, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1999
- University of California, San Francisco, Sports Medicine, 2000
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.