Nelson Hwynn, DO
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Movement Disorders
Nelson Hwynn, DO, is a neurologist with Scripps Clinic. He treats a variety of neurological conditions and has subspecialty fellowship training in the area of movement disorders including tremors, Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, Tourette's syndrome, and ataxia. He has had extensive training in administering botulinum toxin (Botox) injections for disorders such as cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, and spasticity, as well as evaluation and treatment of deep brain stimulation (DBS). Additionally, Dr. Hwynn has subspecialty fellowship training in electromyography and evaluation and treatment of neuromuscular diseases including myasthenia gravis, peripheral nerve and muscle disorders, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 2012
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neuromuscular Medicine, 2012
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology, 2009
- Western University of Health Sciences, DO, 2003
- Berkshire Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2004
- University of New Mexico, Neurology, 2007
- University of Florida College of Medicine, Movement Disorders, 2010
- University of New Mexico, Neurophysiology, 2008
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.