- Phone Number
- Medical Retina
- Retinal & Vitreous Disease
Richard Lin, MD, is an ophthalmologist with specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders involving the vitreous, retina and macula. Dr. Lin has a clinical interest and expertise in age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular disease, retinal detachment, macular hole and macular pucker. He performs in-office procedures such as eye injections and laser treatment of the retina, as well as surgeries including vitrectomy and scleral buckle to repair a retinal detachment.
Dr. Lin is the principal investigator at Scripps for a clinical trial testing a device that can be implanted in the eye for a condition called macular telangiectasia, which develops as a result of problems affecting the tiny blood vessels in the center of the eye.
Since he began practicing medicine in 2001, Dr. Lin has worked to provide every patient with the best possible care in a caring and compassionate manner.
When not in the office, Dr. Lin enjoys tennis, golf, basketball, baseball and football, as well as playing the piano, hiking and bicycling.
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, 2006
- Stanford University School of Medicine, MD, 2001
- Stanford University Medical Center, Internship-Medicine, 2002
- Stanford University Medical Center, Ophthalmology, 2005
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Retinal & Vitreous Disease, 2008
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Medical Retina, 2006
- Scripps Clinic