- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
M. Shane Hamman, MD, is a dermatologist with fellowship training in Mohs micrographic surgery and reconstructive surgery. His specialties include advanced treatment options for skin cancer, as well as medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Dr. Hamman performs a wide range of procedures and services, including cutaneous oncology and reconstructive surgery. Using Mohs micrographic surgery, Dr. Hamman provides treatment for a variety of skin cancers, including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. He believes every patient and case of skin cancer is unique and any treatment or surgery must be tailored to an individual’s needs and lifestyle to achieve the best possible outcome.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Hamman is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American College of Mohs Surgery and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
Outside the office, Dr. Hamman volunteers to care for underserved patients in the United States and abroad. In his spare time he enjoys cycling, climbing, cooking, playing the guitar and surfing.
- American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology, 2012
- American Board of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine, 2010
- University of Washington, MD, 2005
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, 2006
- University of California, San Diego, Dermatology, 2012
- University of California, San Diego, Emergency Medicine, 2009
- University of California, San Diego, Mohs Micrographic Surgery, 2013