- Phone Number
Michael McManus, MD, is a neurologist with a clinical interest in the management and prevention of stroke. He also has interests and expertise in the prevention of early neurologic deterioration after acute stroke, early blood pressure modulation, and use of advanced imaging to characterize and optimize cerebral blood flow. Another interest includes prevention of recurrent stroke in rare conditions, such as cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL) and moyamoya disease.
In addition to his clinical practice, he conducts research on blood pressure modulation and non-invasive therapies to optimize blood flow in acute ischemic stroke. He is also interested in community stroke education and works with emergency medical services and other health care providers in reducing the time between symptom onset and treatment, as a means to improving stroke outcomes.
Dr. McManus believes in building relationships with his patients based on trust and open communication. He also believes in offering his patients the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options, along with care and attention from a focused multidisciplinary team.
In his spare time, he enjoys snowboarding, motorcycling, hiking, and exploring new environments.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Vascular Neurology, 2018
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology, 2014
- George Washington University, MD, 2010
- Creighton University St Joseph's Hospital, Internal Medicine, 2011
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, Neurology, 2014
- University of California, Los Angeles, Vascular Neurology, 2015
- Scripps Clinic