Our trauma and emergency care research, conducted at Scripps Mercy Hospital , works to improve efforts to evaluate, resuscitate and manage critically injured patients. The center studies data from Scripps trauma cases and collaborates in national, multi-center studies.
Recent trauma research has studied:
- Advanced radiologic imaging for central nervous system trauma
- Bringing lessons from Iraq and Afghanistan to civilian trauma centers
- Improving traumatic brain injury care
- Chest injury management
- The relationship between alcohol and drug abuse and traumatic injuries
- Treating blocked airways
In addition, Scripps Mercy is a major part of multi-center studies to:
- Contribute to the National Trauma Data Bank, a national resource for research
- Study the impact of vehicle crash dynamics on occupant injuries
- Test blood substitutes and hypertonic saline for critically injured patients
For more information about current trauma and emergency care research at Scripps, visit the active studies page.