The Family Birth Pavilion at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas offers expert, personal maternity care in a soothing, secure environment. The pavilion’s beach-themed environment offers a warm and inviting atmosphere, with seascape artwork lining the walls and floors that resemble textured sand, water and waves.
The Family Birth Pavilion features:
- Holistic approaches to patient care
- Accommodations for many birth plans
- Physician-attended delivery or delivery by a certified nurse-midwife
- A Level I nursery, where newborns can be taken temporarily for health screenings and procedures
- A six-bed Level II neonatal intensive care (NICU) nursery managed by Rady Children’s Hospital
- As a Baby-Friendly hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas features the Sweet Success Program for pregnant diabetic women
- San Diego County’s first World Health Organization-designated Baby-Friendly birth pavilion. Read more about Baby-Friendly hospitals.
Open 24 hours a day. In the daytime (5 am - 8:30 pm), enter through main hospital entrance. Go to Birth Pavilion on 1st floor. At night, entrance will be locked. Use the phone outside to the left of the main entrance to call Labor and Delivery.
Park in the front parking lot. Additional parking is available in the parking structure located in the back of the hospital.
As a Baby-Friendly hospital, the Family Birth Pavilion features the breastfeeding supply store, Nursing Nook, with all the supplies and advice you need to successfully breastfeed. Nursing Nook is located in the birth pavilion and is open every day from 9 am – 4 pm.
Payment is due at the time of purchase or rental. The purchase of a breast pump may or may not be included with your health care coverage. Please check with your insurance company for details regarding breast pump coverage, where to purchase a breast pump, and the type of breast pump approved.
For more information or to speak with a lactation specialist, call 760-633-7850.
Please note that during flu season, visitation restrictions apply.