To help individuals restore functional mobility after it’s been lost from disease, injury or surgery, Scripps Health offers physical therapy services in hospitals, outpatient clinics and home care settings throughout San Diego.
Whether you’ve had joint replacement surgery, are recovering from a stroke or are trying to return to routine activities after an injury, the rehabilitation team at Scripps includes highly trained physical therapists who are certified in multiple clinical areas to help you heal and reach your maximum potential.
A referral from the physician who is managing your care is needed prior to making an appointment with a physical therapist at Scripps.
If a medical problem or injury hinders your ability to move or perform every day tasks, Scripps Health physical therapists provide expert care at several locations in San Diego. With the goal of relieving symptoms, expediting recovery and preventing further disability, our therapists perform comprehensive assessments and develop individualized treatment programs.
Physical therapy sessions may include:
- Therapeutic exercises to increase flexibility, range of motion, balance, coordination and endurance
- Heat packs and cold compresses to reduce swelling or relieve pain
- Electrical stimulation
- Ultrasound therapy
- Cognitive skills development
- Manual therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Assistive and adaptive device training (including crutches, prosthesis, orthotics and wheelchairs)
- Home exercise instructions
- Gait training
- Traction for back and neck pain
- Patient education
Most locations specialize in therapy for orthopedic or neurological diseases and conditions, and some locations also offer specialized services in lymphedema, pelvic floor physical therapy, vestibular rehabilitation and advanced wound care.
Physical therapy is offered at the following Scripps Health locations in San Diego County:
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Scripps Green Sports and Physical Therapy
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
- Scripps Memorial Encinitas Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- Scripps Mercy Chula Vista Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation
- Scripps Clinic Rancho Bernardo
- Scripps Coastal Medical Center Vista